We Aussies really appreciate your info. I would like to try and correct a few things.
referring to data gathered on:
- Production build numbers are are really sketchy.
- 1970 approx 850 , compliance or manufactured up to May 1971
- 1971 286-288 cars July 71 until December 1971
- 1972 around 258 cars , March 72 until maybe Sept 1972
- 1973 around 240 cars
- 1975 around 150
- 1973 models were essentially USA 1972 cars with a plastic front grille and taillights changed
- The 1973 model we know of here was never offered in Australia. Instead, 1972 models were tagged as 1973 production models and different taillights were installed. Interior rear vision mirror is glued on to windscreen. Windscreen wiper sweep was modified to suit Right hand drive cars
- 1974 US models were sold in 1975 as well with a believed 150 or less made
The production totals table refers to Registrations in all Australian states. Many 1973 production cars were first registered in 1974 for example. The 1825 Hornets figure is good but I suspect includes South African Hornets etc that were also registered. I have a picture of a 1970 South African Hornet with 1975 New South Wales plates.